Spotlight on energy advisors in Around Town
Your Weekly Construction Briefing
Under the BC Energy Step Code, builders must engage an energy advisor (EA) or energy modeller, who will create an energy model of the proposed building and suggest ways to improve its performance. He or she will also test the home to ensure it complies with airtightness requirements.
Tips for builders:
- Engage your EA early – at the design stage, long before applying for your building permit.
- Run several iterations of your energy model to evaluate and optimize your options.
- Keep your EA informed as you proceed with construction.
- Make sure your EA submits both the “Pre-Construction” and “As-Built” Part 9 Energy Compliance Reports to the local authority.
- Need to reach a higher step code or help with your current build? Contact Island AeroBarrier islandaerobarrier.ca
For an illustrated step-by-step walkthrough of the energy advisor process, visit this link – bit.ly/en_ad2 to download the guide (produced by E3 Eco Group). Visit the Energy Step Code website at energystepcode.ca/energy-advisors for more information.
Building Links Construction Reports and Statistics: The weekly #1 construction projects resource for 27 years. New and updated projects, permits, tenders, and industry connections for Vancouver Island – Central North, West Coast and Powell River. Helping you build connections so you can build communities! Where are you getting your information from? Support local trades – Subscribe Now