Get Professional Vancouver Island Tree Care From the Ground Up With The Coastal Arborist
On Vancouver Island, we’re blessed with an abundance of green vistas from north to south and east to west. Trees enhance any landscape, but caring for them sometimes involves more than just water and fertilizer. That’s where The Coastal Arborist comes in.
Joshua Spears, owner operator of The Coastal Arborist, is an ISA Certified Arborist and a third-generation tree worker. An arborist is a professional in the cultivation, management, and study of individual trees, shrubs, vines, and other perennial woody plants.
Growing up on Hornby Island, Joshua has cultivated a lifelong passion for trees by learning about tree care from the ground up. He is an experienced tree climber, both with and without spurs, and has worked as an arborist throughout British Columbia, from small residential projects to large-scale developments.
The Coastal Arborist provides a variety of services, including:
- installation and site preparation;
- low-impact spurless climbing;
- hazard tree assessment;
- tree identification and disease diagnosis;
- view enhancement and clearing;
- hedging and hard shearing;
- fruit-tree pruning;
- firewood processing;
- thinning and crown reduction;
- general vegetation management;
- mulch and soil recommendations;
- reports and consulting;
- corrective restoration pruning;
- custom falling;
- lot clearing and log management; and
- tree removal and chipping.
The Coastal Arborist offers high-quality workmanship at competitive rates. Joshua and his staff are certified and fully insured. They’ll help your trees flourish while protecting the property on which they grow. For a free estimate and consultation, call The Coastal Arborist at 250.702.7844 or contact them via email.