Construction & Trades Training Program Information Sessions
The Comox Valley Blade Runners is hosting an information session about its upcoming construction and trades training program this Monday, April 27 from 10am to 2pm. Applicants must attend one session to be eligible for the program. The program runs from May 11 to October 16, 2015.
BladeRunners is a Youth Skills Link program that builds community partnerships and connects motivated, job ready youth with valuable employment opportunities in the construction and trades industries.
Youth participants in the program will:
- Participate in four weeks of full time paid in-class skill enhancement.
- Participate in up to 60 hours of paid work exposure.
- Be eligible to employers with a $3 per hour wage subsidy for 4 months.
- Obtain First Aid OFA Level 1, WHMIS, Traffic Control, Forklift, and additional employment based training & group based employability skills.
Employers participating in the program will:
- Receive 60 hours of free work exposure participants paid for by NYSA.
- Receive a $3.00/hr wage contribution based on a minimum $10.50/hr wage.
- Connect with job ready and motivated youth.
For more information, read the flyer here.
When: April 27, 2015: 10am or 2pm
Applicants must attend one session to be eligible for the program. No need to pre-register for attendance. This program runs from May 11 to October 16, 2015
Where: 300 Old Island Hwy., Courtenay – BladeRunners Office (beside the Linc).