Around Town reports on COVID-19 Updates in the Construction Industry
The BC government has ordered that there be no more than 50 people at any gathering. However, this order does not apply to the construction industry. Construction sites may continue to operate, providing parameters are put in place to keep workers safe.
Some of the new guidelines include:
- Reduce the number of people on-site to facilitate physical distancing of 2 meters between workers.
- Wear goggles, masks, gloves as long as it is safe to do so.
- Workers should not share tools or personal protective equipment.
- Introduce extra hand washing stations and disinfect jobsite trailers daily.
- Workers should stay home if they are feeling sick.
In addition to the short list above, a longer list of guidelines for job sites is available online at www.bccassn.com/covid-19. The site also includes a link to the BC governments official announcement, WorkSafe BC, site posters and guidance on how to screen workers.
Receive up-to-date information on building permits, tenders, proposed developments and construction news for the Comox Valley, Campbell River, Port Hardy, Powell River and more locations on the North Island.