Around Town Construction Briefing
This week’s Around Town includes top news headlines related to construction and real estate.
- The BC Essential Services list includes infrastructure, manufacturing, hotels, transportation, property and building maintenance and management, construction, lawyers, accountants, insurance, real estate agent services and building inspections. www.bit.ly/bcessential29
- Bank of Canada cut interest rate on Friday dropping the benchmark rate to 0.25% to support economy.
- Defense Construction Canada is continuing business operations as best it can, providing access to its construction sites, posting solicitations, and awarding contracts.
- Vancouver Island Construction Association continues to offer a number of online training courses to provide valuable opportunities for workers at home. www.vicabc.ca/training
- The Business Development Bank has a 30 minute video providing some insight into the economy before, during and after COVID as well as suggestions on coping with the impacts. www.bit.ly/bdc1234
- The Canadian Construction Association has published a standard protocol for work site operations that introduces a consistent national approach. www.bit.ly/cca2620
Building Links will continue to provide weekly construction reports to help you keep your business moving forward. We will all get through this together.
Receive up-to-date information on building permits, tenders, proposed developments and construction news for the Comox Valley, Campbell River, Port Hardy, Powell River and more locations on the North Island.