Qualicum Beach Storage Units Demolition in Around Town
Your Weekly Construction Briefing
RDH Building Science has issued a Request for Qualifications for a Storage Units Demolition Project. The Little Qualicum River Village Strata, located at 1773 Country Road, Qualicum Beach, is planning to demolish their 286 storage units.
The units are corrugated metal clad wood framed structures 12 feet by 24 feet and grouped in 6 buildings. They are finished / unfinished to varying degrees. The storage units do not comply with the current building code and are in disrepair.
Demolition work will include:
- securing the site for safety purposes during the work
- Demolishing the superstructure, foundations are to remain.
- Disposing of the demolition material off site in a legal manner.
- Removing any projections from the remaining foundations and floors (where there are floors) such that no trip hazards remain.
- Leaving the site clean of debris, graded smooth, and graded so that the remaining foundations do not project more than 1.5 inches above grade. Adjacent site gravel used for fill / grading purposes.
For demolition general contractors who may be interested in tendering the work, send an email requesting the RFQ document to Harvey Goodman – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Building Links Construction Reports and Statistics: The weekly #1 construction projects resource for 27 years. New and updated projects, permits, tenders, and industry connections for Vancouver Island – Central North, West Coast and Powell River. Helping you build connections so you can build communities! Where are you getting your information from? Support local trades – Subscribe Now!