City of Courtenay Accepts Report for Development Process Review
Chief Administrative Officer for the City of Courtenay, David Allen has directed staff to prepare amendments to the Development Applications Procedure Bylaw.
In the Council Strategic Priorities Chart, Council’s number one priority for Planning and Development is to review the Development Process. The primary goals are intended to expedite applications with clarity and consistency. The changes being proposed are intended to:
1) Update the newly adopted bylaw now that staff have worked with it for the last 18 months; and
2) Make recommendations on what additional process changes can be made to expedite and add clarity and consistency to the development process
Here are some highlights of the new bylaw:
- Delegation of Development Permits
- Reduce Circulation Requirements
- Development Permit Checklist
- Limit Number of Pre-Application Meetings
- Better Utilize Pre-Application Meetings
- Adopt New Works and Services Design Standards
- Terms of Reference for Studies and Triggers for Submitting Them
Staff are working on writing up the new bylaw which is expected to presented to council in June, 2014 for adoption. For more information, visit the City of Courtenay’s website, and then search for council agenda or minutes for May 12, and view the details of the document starting on Page 94. Phone: 250-334-4441 for additional information.