BC Construction Association releases survey in Around Town
According to an industry wide survey released in April 2021, BC’s construction industry continues to be the number one employer in BC’s goods sector, with more than 219,500 people relying directly on construction for a paycheque.
Your Weekly Construction Briefing
Additional report highlights:
- the industry accounts for 8.9% of the province’s GDP
- 172,045 credentialed tradespeople
- roughly 85% of construction workers are non-union
- 10,667 credentialed tradeswomen (6.20%)
- 25,784 BC construction companies (5-year trend: up 9%)
- estimated value of current major construction projects underway in BC: $120 billion (5-year trend: Up 60%)
For more details from the latest BCCA Construction Industry Survey, go to bccassn.com/stats.
Building Links Construction Reports and Statistics: The weekly #1 construction projects resource for 27 years. New and updated projects, permits, tenders, and industry connections for Vancouver Island – Central North, West Coast and Powell River. Helping you build connections so you can build communities! Where are you getting your information from? Support local trades – Subscribe Now!