Around Town: Volunteers wanted for 3.5 Acre Waterfront Site Task Force
The City of Campbell River is looking for seven people to help create a spectacular new waterfront area in the heart of Campbell River. Interested?
Members of the Waterfront Site Task Force will help to develop:
- community-endorsed principles for development and uses on the 3.5 acre waterfront site at the corner of Roberts Reach and Hwy 19A.
- a transparent screening process and regulatory tools for evaluating uses and potential development proposals.
- recommendations for public amenities on and adjacent to the site.
- a public investment/incentive strategy for potential future development of the site.
- a strategy for moving forward with a clear vision for the 3.5 acre site.
The work will involve a comprehensive community engagement and participation process that complements downtown and waterfront revitalization plans. 3.5 Acre Waterfront Site Task Force appointments will be for a maximum of 24 months. Further information on the project scope and terms of reference for the task force and applications are at City Hall. The City will accept applications up to 4:30 pm on October 31.
Questions? Please contact Peter Wipper, City Clerk at 250.286.5700 or email email@example.com.
Receive up-to-date information on building permits, tenders, proposed developments and construction news for the Comox Valley, Campbell River, Port Hardy, Powell River and more locations on the North Island.Click here for 4 FREE Issues