Around Town: OCP & Zoning Bylaw review for Campbell River – Open House on Tuesday, March 8
The City of Campbell River is reviewing its Official Community Plan and Zoning Bylaw, and over the next 18 months, citizens, businesses and community organizations will be invited to weigh in on how the community should grow and develop.
What do you think about secondary dwellings, shops and services and plans for the development of Quinsam Heights? A highly collaborative update process is designed to align both the plan and the land use regulations for clarity and consistency, and will address important topics such as:
- Making the Zoning Bylaw simpler, clearer, and more consistent.
- Confirming the urban containment boundary for the City of Campbell River.
- Clarifying what types of shops and services are needed and where they should be located, through updated policy and zoning for village and neighbourhood centres.
- Improving the appearance of commercial properties facing highways through updated policies and guidelines.
- Clarifying the vision and plan for the form and pattern of development in Quinsam Heights and update the zoning regulations to match.
- Through zoning changes, clarifying the process for establishing a legal secondary dwelling, while managing impacts.
The first public open house will take place Tuesday, March 8 at the Maritime Heritage Centre. This drop-in event will run from 6 to 9 pm, with a presentation at 7 pm and opportunities for people to learn more and share their ideas.
For information about the project and to sign up for email updates about events and activities, visit the project web page at campbellriver.ca/OCPreview.
Contact: City’s Community Planning and Development Services Department at 250.286.5725.
Contact: Kevin Brooks, Development Services Supervisor at 250.286.5748
Receive up-to-date information on building permits, tenders, proposed developments and construction news for the Comox Valley, Campbell River, Port Hardy, Powell River and more locations on the North Island.Click here for 4 FREE Issues