Around Town: CVRD Proposes to Amend the Official Community Plan
The Comox Valley Regional District (CVRD) is amending their Official Community Plan (OCP). Proposed Changes to the Settlement Expansion Areas as set out in the Regional Growth Strategy (RGD) Plan are numerous and could affect some planned development in the CVRD.
There is a document on their website that details all of the new bylaw, and we have selected a few highlights from the document, which include the following:
- 34.Settlement Expansion Areas
- 36. Settlement Expansion Areas – Policies (general)
- (8) Discourage municipal boundary extensions intended to incorporate lands for green field development.
- Rural Settlement Areas – Policies (subdivision)
- 43. (1) The minimum lot size in the rural settlement area is between four hectares and twenty hectares.
Editors Note: The proposed amended OCP has received first, second and third readings.
To view the full document, go to the CRVD website.